...if you have a backyard and a kitchen, this blog might be for you!

a chronicle of tips and recipes on everything from gardening to canning and baking your produce, even if you're planted in suburbia...in fact, especially if you are planted in suburbia.



Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sometimes I Forget

 Sometimes I forget.
I forget how treacherous the natural world can be.
I think of water as a place to play...
 I think of the outdoors as a place to rest and relax...
 ...or maybe to work, but...
...a work that carries a bounteous return.

I forget sometimes, that nature can have her moments of wildness. 
Moments when she tests us.
How well do we tend to each other in the aftermath of her more furious moments?
Do we put aside our debates and our arguments, our boycotts and our promotions when the needs of others warrant it?
This one says "Yes! We still do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment