...if you have a backyard and a kitchen, this blog might be for you!

a chronicle of tips and recipes on everything from gardening to canning and baking your produce, even if you're planted in suburbia...in fact, especially if you are planted in suburbia.



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Modern Technology Hits the Garden Patch

 Who is that man braving the spray as he wades out of the garden patch...
 ...and then turns to study his work?  That's Mr. Suburban Settler.  This morning, he installed a simple little irrigation system to my garden, one that was inexpensive and easy to use.
The reason I might need this efficiency, you ask? I applied to for a job at the above pictured tea parlor; and while the work there will be fun should I be hired, I'll nevertheless have less time to be "pokey" about my morning garden chores.
 So now, one quick turn of a faucet handle, and this wonder begins to happen.
Ah, the joys of modern science!

Bonus blog linkhttp://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDisplay?Ntt=irrigation+kits&storeId=10151&N=0&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&rpp=24

and for more garden watering novelties:
http://www.burpee.com/gardening-supplies/watering/?cid=PPC


No comments:

Post a Comment