...if you have a backyard and a kitchen, this blog might be for you!

a chronicle of tips and recipes on everything from gardening to canning and baking your produce, even if you're planted in suburbia...in fact, especially if you are planted in suburbia.



Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sabbath Rest, Woven by Corrie ten Boom


Taken from her book entitled: Each New Day


(October 13)

I once visited a weaver's school, where students were making beautiful patterns. I asked, "When you make a mistake, must you cut it out and start from the beginning?"

A student said, "No. Our teacher is such a great artist that when we make a mistake, he uses it to improve the beauty of the pattern."

That is what the Lord does with our mistakes. He is the greatest artist, but we must surrender. Surrender your blunders to the Lord. He can use them to make the pattern of your life more beautiful.


...thy faith has made thee whole. Matt. 9:22


Lord, we can be so depressed when we blunder. It is wonderful to know that our mistakes can be useful to You, because You are our Master Artist!



(March 11)

My life is but a weaving, between my God and me.

I do not choose the colors, He worketh steadily.
Ofttimes He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride,

Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.

Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly,

Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful in the skillful Weaver's hand,

As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.


I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that in faithfulness thou has afflicted me. Psalm 119:75 RSV



No comments:

Post a Comment