...if you have a backyard and a kitchen, this blog might be for you!

a chronicle of tips and recipes on everything from gardening to canning and baking your produce, even if you're planted in suburbia...in fact, especially if you are planted in suburbia.



Monday, November 14, 2011

Pie in the Sky...

...is a more probable find than a pie bearing a beautifully fluted crust if it were coming from my oven.  See?

Obviously, my pie crust skills are woefully underdeveloped.  But that doesn't mean I have no ambition.  I'm willing to learn.  So, in an effort to achieve a pie crust worthy of holiday display, not to mention flakiness and flavor worth eating, I'm looking for a mentor in the easiest place to find one these days:  online.

I think this article gave me a few pointers that will offer some measure of--if not success, at least improvement.  And if not, I'm comforted in the knowledge that I have other friends in the same boat with me, ones who figure their pie crusts find their best use after dinner, but not as dessert: more as big pucks in the after dinner hockey game.

Happy improvements!

No comments:

Post a Comment